Does confirm form resubmission (ERR_CACHE_MISS) dialog pops up in Google Chrome, when you press the reload button to resubmit the data. This message also occurs when you refresh Chrome or after pressing a back button. The ERR_CACHE_MISS message is not only restricted to google chrome, you can also see it on Firefox as well.
When too many resubmission have been received, please try again later message on browsers appears. If you are sick of seen this message. Then read this articles as we have solid solution for you to fix Confirm Form Resubmission error message. Here it will also discussed that:
- What is confirm form resubmission?
- What is Err_cache_miss?
But first you must know what this Form Resubmission Message is?
Why Confirm Form Resubmission Appears in Google Chrome?
This message sometimes also gives you error code “ERR_CACHE_MISS”. According to different forums such as, Superuser, Stack Overflow, the Confirm Form Resubmission is not an error. Unlike, Google chrome helper which eats up your memory, it doesn’t create any issue in chrome browser.
Instead, you should think it as Google Chrome feature which acts as a warning. The Google Chrome developer has built it to prevent browsers from accidentally duplicating POST actions on forms.
You will face it only on those sites which contain any type of form. These forms includes:
- Credit card forms for completing transactions
- Sign up forms and login forms
- Contact forms such as our contact pages
- Search forms for searching a database
- Or anything that has to do with add, edit or delete entries or files on a database
For Example, when you visit any site to buy anything. Most likely you will use credit card for payment, for that you will fill up a form. Then you will click on submit to finish the process.
Now if you refresh that page the browser will requires data that you entered earlier to send again. This way you will charged twice if you weren’t asked to “confirm form resubmission”.
Well, its only one example out of many. The basic purpose behind this PHP code is to save the users from doing same task.
Most users don’t like this message and they often search about methods of how to turn off confirm resubmission on chrome php fix.
How To Disable Confirm Form Resubmission Prompt on Google Chrome (ERR_CACHE_MISS)
Here we have 3 most reliable 100% working solution to this problem. Still you don’t need to apply these solutions, as this message works as an alert, especially where payment is involved.
Solution 1: Disable Confirm Form Resubmission From Chrome
Follow these steps below to disable the confirm resubmission feature from chrome, if you’re windows user;
- Right click on your chrome shortcut, select properties
- In the target field, add: “-disable-prompt-on-repost” without the quotes after chrome.exe
- So for example, my target field looks like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe – disable-prompt-on-re post. You can see that in below mentioned picture.
- Then exit the browser and open it again (using that new shortcut)
Solution 2: Delete “no-store”
If first methods didn’t favor you then, here is Plan B. If you are using form in header with this PHP code then you can prevent Confirm Form Resubmission error. That code usually is;
header(‘Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0’);
- Now to fix it, simply delete (‘no-store’) from the header.
- Now, refresh the page within the form.
- Re enter the form & refresh to check whether it’s fixed or not.
But this solution only works for those who have permission to edit post as editor.
Solution 3: Don’t Use Back Button and Update Google Chrome
As already said that Confirm Form Resubmission is not a bug or error. This message appears when google doesn’t cache post. So, the simplest way to prevent form resubmission on refresh php is to never use back button. Once you submit form close that tab or use other link on site.
According to Google Product Forum, most of the time confirm form resubmission issue resolves when users update chrome. So it’s a good idea to always check current Google Chrome version and update it.
How To Disable Confirm Form Resubmission on Firefox?
If you are using Firefox browsers and you are dealing with ERR_CACHE_MISS which is of course, form re-submission message. You need to do some different steps;
- Open Firefox setting, click on the right side of the screen.
- Then click on Privacy & Security tab.
- Clear all Cache, browsing data and cookies
- Now restart Firefox
We hope that this article will help you to disable Confirm Form Resubmission. Now tells us which solution worked for you Via comment. If you have use other method not mentioned here then share with us!