You have probably been looking up in your task manager and came across Windows Host Process Rundll32 High Disk Usage. This is the right place to fix the issue as we this guide will help you fix Windows Host Process Rundll32 High Disk Usage problem you are facing.
What is rundll32.exe?
Rundll32.exe is a common application in your task manager that helps you launch the 32 bit DLL files. The process as it seems to isn’t a threat. You can locate it in Windows\System32\rundll32.exe as well.
Windows Host Process Rundll32 High Disk Usage.
There are many possible problems like a spyware can have the same name too. So let’s get started on our guide to fixing Windows Host Process Rundll32 High Disk Usage.
How to disable Windows Host Process Rundll32 in Windows 7?
if you want to disable Windows Host Process Rundll32 in Windows 7, you need to to go to system configuration.
- Type msconfig.exe in start menu/run and press enter.
- As shown in the image below, uncheck these boxes to disable.
How to disable Windows Host Process Rundll32 in Windows 8/10?
It’s simpler here as all you need is to go to task manager, and proceed to the startup tab. If you find Rundll32, right-click on it and click disable.
Uninstall Google Search Engine
Upon users recommending this method has worked for them. To uninstall google app engine, follow the following steps.
- Go to control panel
- Go to programs and click on uninstall a program
- Search Google App, and uninstall it from your system.
Fake Rundll32.exe Processes
There is a possibility of fake Rundll32.exe processes going on in your PC. Follow these steps to find a counterfiet process and remove windows host process rundll32.
- Go to Task manager, and click “View” at the top
- Click on “Select Columns”
- Check mark “Image Path Name”, and click OK to add it to the table
- Folder Path of every process is displayed where you can look for processes not present in Windows 32 folder named rundll32.exe
Related High Disk Usage Issues Fix:
Avast – one of the highly recognized software providing safety and security to your systems. Not only Security, but Avast Cleanup also cleans and speeds up your system/PC … Read More
Which option suited you the most against Windows Host Process Rundll32.exe High CPU Usage? Do let us know in the comments section!
Don’t forget to ask questions or any further advice you require on disabling it.