How to Fix Laptop Plugged in not charging Issue in Windows 10
It’s usually possible to fix, here’s how I got my laptop battery back to charging when it was plugged in.
Laptop Plugged in not charging windows 10
Here is the easiest solution you can try to fix laptop plugged in not charging in windows 10.
- Open the Device Manager by searching for it
- Click on the batteries, here you can see three items, right click on your batteries drivers, Commonly it’s Microsoft Surface ACPI Compliant control battery. Then on Uninstall device.
- By clicking on uninstall device, you are going to uninstall laptop’s battery drivers. They will automatically reinstall when you reboot your laptop.
- Turn off your laptop and unplug a charger from laptop.
- In case your laptop has removable battery, remove it.
- Reconnect the battery.
- Plug in laptop charger, and power on your laptop.
- Now click the battery icon in the system tray, you should see that your laptop is plugged in and charging again.
By reinstalling my Dell laptop’s battery drivers and removing its battery and then reconnecting it, I got my Dell laptop’s battery back to charging when it’s plugged in. With differences in manufacturers like HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Acer etc, your mileage may vary. If you found a fix that differs from mine, Please describe your method in comments below.