Are you are seeing VulkanRT (Vulkan Runtime Libraries) on Windows PC? Do you want to know what is VulkanRT? Is VulkanRT a virus? With the increase of malware attacks on PC the users are more careful about their computers.
When they see any unknown entry in control panel, settings or in the list of programs, the vary first thought that occurs is “is it Virus?” In this post we will see whether Vulkan Run Time Libraries is harmful for your system? After reading this articles, you will get better understanding about:
- Vulkan RunTime Libraries – What is it and What to do about it?
- Vulkan Run Time Libraries in Windows 10: what you need to know about it
- What is Vulcan Runtime Libraries and Do I Need It?
- What is program files VulkanRT?
What is Vulkan Runtime Libraries?
First thing: Vulkan Run Time Libraries is not virus. Its a legitimate program so, you are safe.
The Vulkan RT is a new graphics card standard, like OpenGL and DirectX. Its a 3D graphics API tool bundled with NVIDIA, Intel or AMD GPUs. The purpose of this tool is to gives users better 3D performance in gaming and gives more control over GPU. The Vulkan run time libraries also manage CPU usages consumption.
If you have a graphics card in your system and when you updates video drivers. The Vulkan Runtime Libraries automatically installs in you PC. During this process, no permission or notification is shown. Since, Vulkan Libraries install itself without notification, it raises concerns among users that it may be a new type of malware.
But that’s not the case, as this 3D graphics API tool is a legitimate program developed by Khronos Group. The Vulkan Runtime Libraries is developed this tool to enhance CPU & GPU performance. The Vulkan software is mainly used in high performance 2D or 3D rendering such as video games and other interactive media.
Related: Safe/ Normal GPU Temp While Gaming
How to Check if i have Vulkan Runtime Libraries in my Windows PC?
The Vulkan Run Time is usually found on Windows PC. If you want to see whether you have it or not, you have to do certain steps.
- Go to the Control Panel of your PC and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll down the list of programs and see if there is a tool named Vulkan Runtime Libraries.
- The Windows 10 PC users can, go to the Settings using Win+I.
- Click on Apps & Features. Search for Vulcan Runtime Libraries in the search box.
- If the Vulkan Runtime Libraries is installed on your PC, you will see it here.
What To Do With Vulkan Run Time Libraries?
As already explained, the Vulkan RT libraries is not a threat to your computer. It’s neither malware nor virus, instead its an essential tool for PC to run modern games more efficiently.
Modern games require Vulkanrt, but its not a requirement of every PC games. There are many games that run without it. If you are sure that Vulkan Runtime Libraries is not necessary for games, you can remove it from your PC.
But once you remove Vulkan Runtime Libraries from your PC, later you cannot install it manually. This tool is not available as a separate software. For that you have to install latest version of graphics card drivers. As Vulkan is bundled with all latest video card drivers.
Why NVIDIA, Intel & AMD Needs Vulkan RT?
There are only three major graphics card manufacturer i.e. NVIDIA, Intel & AMD. All of theirs video card drivers includes Vulkan Runtime Libraries. There is a reason for that:
- Vulkan causes efficient multi-threading, which allows smooth game performance
- Lower overhead ensures minimal GPU usage
- A simpler graphics driver
- Better control over the graphics hardware
- Open and modern architecture
- Cross-platform with support for Windows, Linux, and Android
- Supports iOS and Mac OS through third-party solutions
What Will Happen If You Removed Vulkan Runtime Libraries?
As mentioned, Vulkanrt is an important tool. If you deleted it from control panel then you are likely to suffer following issues;
- Unable to set the desired screen resolution
- Poor HD video rendering
- Overhead GPU causing crashes and glitches
- Unable to play newer games